What to do if you are in a auto accident?
1. Seek medical attention if necessary
2. File a police report. Take note of the report number as well as the officer taking the report and provide that to the claims adjuster.
3. Contact Your Insurance Company or agent to report the accident as soon as possible. Have the following information ready:
-Which vehicle was involved
-Who was driving
-Location and time of the accident
-A description of the accident and the severity of the damage
-The name and insurance information of the other driver
-Names and contact information of others involved in the accident and witnesses
-Take notes and write down the claim number you’re provided, plus the name and direct phone number of the person you talk to.
4. You will be assigned a claims adjuster by the insurance company. The adjuster will most likely contact you for additional information. Stick to the facts and avoid speculation when describing what happened. Provide any photographs you took at the scene and the contact information of any witnesses.
Remember that the conversation will be recorded and will be used when determining who was at fault.
In addition to gathering information about the accident, the adjuster will either inspect the damage to your vehicle or will ask you to take the car to a certified repair shop that will perform the inspection.
5. Your adjuster will consider and evaluate the facts and your policy, inspect the damage, and potentially make an initial payment.
6. The adjuster will authorize a final payment. You’ll sign a release, accepting the payment as payment in full for the case.
Procedures will vary depending on your insurance company and your state.
Call or text us for a auto quote at 833-426-8370 in AZ, NC, TX and WI